3. -- Apple (AAPL - Get Report) customers will soon have more choices as the tech giant looks to reduce long wait times for iPhone repairs at its retail stores, according to a report from Reuters.
By the end of 2017, Apple will put its proprietary machines for mending cracked iPhone glass in about 400 authorized third-party repair centers in 25 countries, executives told Reuters.
Among the first recipients is Best Buy (BBY - Get Report) , which has long been a seller of Apple products, Reuters reported. The electronics retailer already has one of the screen-repair machines at a Miami-area store and one coming soon to an outlet in Sunnyvale, Calif, Reuters said.
The stock gained slightly in premarket trading.
The European Central Bank said Wednesday it adopted a so-called "resolution decision" on Banco Popular and ordered the transfer of all of its shares and capital to Banco Santander.
"Due to its recent stressed liquidity situation, the ECB had decided that Banco Popular was "failing or likely to fail," the ECB said in a statement.
The combination of the two lenders will create the biggest bank in Spain and Portugal, with about 21 million combined customers.
Santander said it would raise around €7 billion ($7.88 billion) in new capital as part of the rescue process "which will cover the capital and the provisions required to reinforce the balance sheet of Banco Popular."
Banco Popular shares have fallen 63% over the past month amid concerns the lender, which has been struggling under the weight of billions of euros in non-performing loans, would need to raise capital or seek a government rescue.
Read More Trending Articles:
- 10 Summer Travel Destinations Already Heating Up
- Walgreens and Rite Aid Seem to Be Acknowledging Their $15 Billion Merger Is Falling Apart
- Tesla Has Something 'Awesome' Coming That Could Send Its Stock to Even Higher Records
- Market Recon: The Market Is Telling You It Doesn't Trust the Federal Reserve -- Recession Lurking?
- Bank Stocks Are Lagging When They Should Be On Fire -- Jim Cramer Reveals Why in 'Off The Charts'