- On-campus training at City College of San Francisco by CCSF and YMCA instructors
- A curriculum that is defined and created in collaboration with potential employers, emphasizing technical, workforce, social and leadership skills
- Guaranteed employment upon successful completion of the nine-month course of study
- Regular interaction and assessments by the employer during training
- Corporate "companions" to buddy with the Springboard trainee throughout the process
- Ongoing counseling and case management during training and first year of employment
- A dedicated mentor for each student
- Participation of Visa and Ellie Mae as pilot employers
"We congratulate this inaugural class of Springboard Initiative graduates and are excited to have many of these talented young people join us as apprentices this summer," said Jonathan Corr, President and CEO of Ellie Mae.Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown addressed the graduates at the Springboard event on Wednesday. His inspirational speech described his own childhood in a segregated Texas town and highlighted his rise to become the first African American Speaker of the California Assembly and first African American Mayor of San Francisco. Brown urged the graduates to write their own life stories, seize the opportunity they have been given and set the example of achievement for their peers. "We are rethinking how talent is developed in the high-tech industry and finding new ways to make it accessible to underserved youth," said the Springboard Initiative's Anderman. "Our goal is to break the chronic cycle of underemployment and frustration in our minority communities, and simultaneously address the massive shortage of technical talent in our country." For more information about the Springboard Initiative, visit www.springboardinitiative.com. ABOUT SPRINGBOARD INITIATIVE The Springboard Initiative unleashes the untapped talent of hundreds of thousands of smart, but under-resourced, people in minority communities by getting them trained and ready for productive, high paying jobs in the high-tech industry. With a unique, intensive nine-month training program designed by and meeting the specific needs of high tech employers, Springboard offers a new, strategic approach to talent development. For more information, visit www.springboardinitiative.com. Springboard Initiative is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 - IRS exemption entity, EIN# 81- 0736392. ABOUT ELLIE MAE Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is a leading provider of innovative on-demand software solutions and services for the residential mortgage industry. Mortgage lenders of all sizes use Ellie Mae's Encompass all-in-one mortgage management solution, Mavent Compliance Service and AllRegs research, reference and education resources to improve compliance, loan quality and efficiency across the entire mortgage lifecycle.
© 2017 Ellie Mae, Inc. Ellie Mae®, Encompass®, AllRegs®, the Ellie Mae logo and other trademarks or service marks of Ellie Mae, Inc. appearing herein are the property of Ellie Mae, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners.