- Dallas' results were consistent with the top three priorities, with an extra emphasis on savings tied to cars - more than half (51%) of those surveyed stated they are saving for car down payments or related expenses.
- Houston's third-most likely reason to be saving was for medical and health/wellness expenses at 26%, and 48% of their residents also admitted to withdrawing from savings accounts at least once a month.
- Medical and health/wellness expenses jumped to second in Tampa as a savings priority for 28% of respondents, versus the 20% national average in that category.
Event ScheduleEach of the three cities will feature unique art exhibits at areas that experience significant foot traffic during the work day. The three large red doors will remain closed for two full days before opening to depict murals based on the three things that city's residents are saving for most, according to PurePoint™ "Savings Habits in America" research that examined several major markets nationwide. The "Unlock Your Future" exhibit and sweepstakes will occur on the following schedule:
- Dallas: Doors start appearing around town May 30-31; savings-inspired murals by local artist on full display June 1-June 3; sweepstakes runs June 1-June 9.
- Houston: Doors appear June 5; savings-inspired murals by local artist shown June 7-June 9; sweepstakes runs June 7-June 16.
- Tampa: Doors appear June 19; savings-inspired murals by local artist shown June 21-June 23; sweepstakes runs June 21-June 30.
About the PurePoint Saving Habits in America ResearchThe PurePoint Saving Habits in America Research is an online survey of 3,015 adults (18+ years of age) in the U.S. 2,015 of the completed surveys collected were nationally representative, with an additional 200 in each of the following designated market areas: Miami, Tampa, Houston, Dallas, and Chicago. Data shown is from the nationally representative sample. The research was commissioned by PurePoint Financial and produced by independent research firm Edelman Intelligence. The margin of error for the total sample is +/-1.8 percentage points, +/- 2.2 percentage points for the nationally representative sample, and +/- 6.9 percentage points for each designated market area. Data was collected Jan. 23 - Jan. 30, 2017 by Edelman Intelligence. About MUFG Union Bank, N.A. MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial and retail banking and wealth management solutions to meet the needs of customers. We also offer an extensive portfolio of value-added solutions for customers, including investment banking, personal and corporate trust, global custody, transaction banking, capital markets, and other services. With assets of $116.1 billion, as of March 31, 2017, MUFG Union Bank has strong capital reserves, credit ratings and capital ratios relative to peer banks. MUFG Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MTU), one of the world's largest financial organizations with total assets of approximately ¥303.3 trillion (JPY) or $2.7 trillion (USD) 2, as of March 31, 2017. The corporate headquarters (principal executive office) for MUFG Americas Holdings Corporation, which is the financial holding company and MUFG Union Bank, is in New York City. The main banking office of MUFG Union Bank is in San Francisco, California. PurePoint Financial is a division of MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
©2017 MUFG Union Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Member FDIC.PurePoint and the PurePoint logo are trademarks and brand names of MUFG Union Bank, N.A. 1 Deposits of PurePoint Financial and MUFG Union Bank, N.A. are combined and not separately insured for FDIC insurance purposes 2 Exchange rate of 1 USD=¥112.19 (JPY) as of March 31, 2017