In fact, old school retailers such as J.C. Penney (JCP) , Macy's (M) and Kohl's (KSS) should be embarrassed by how dominant Amazon is right now. According to new research from Fung Global Retail & Technology on Thursday, Amazon is by far the most popular retailer in the U.S. An April survey showed that almost 70% of U.S. adults polled in April had purchased stuff from Amazon in the previous 90-day period. That number is up from about 64% a year earlier.
More news from Retail:
- Tesla Should Applaud This Extreme 1,100 Horsepower Hybrid Mercedes Coming Very Soon
- Go Inside the Obamas' Ritzy New House Next to Amazon's Jeff Bezos And Ivanka Trump
- Your Former Sears May Soon Be a Giant Parking Lot for Uber Drivers and Amazon Workers
- 22 Large Retailers Besides J.C. Penney Are Closing Waves of Stores
- Walmart Just Revealed These Crazy Futuristic Things It's Testing to Pummel Amazon
- Walmart Workers to Executives: We Can't Pay Our Bills