The Kyodo news agency said Western Digital CEO Steve Milligan would meet with Toshiba's president, Satoshi Tsunakawa, later Wednesday to discuss the sale as the companies attempt to iron out differences linked to a SanDisk joint venture that Western Digital alleged was moved into a separate memory unit business in order to be sold more quickly.
3. -- Bunge (BG - Get Report) shares jumped 16.6% on Tuesday but were down 5.3% in premarket trading on Wednesday after the grain trader said it wasn't engaged in "business combination discussions" with Glencore (GLNCY .
"Bunge is committed to continuing to execute its global agri-foods strategy and pursuing opportunities for driving growth and value creation," the company said in a brief statement late Tuesday.
The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Bunge received a takeover bid from Glencore, the Swiss mining company.
Sources told the Journal they didn't know whether any discussions aout the offer have taken place, but any potential sale would be substantial given Bunge's $10 billion market cap and $15 billion enterprise value.
Terms of any potential offer could not be learned, but Brown-Forman's market cap is around $22 billion. There are no ongoing talks, one of the people told CNBC, but Constellation remains interested in a potential merger.
Brown-Forman shares rallied after the news was first reported but the stock ended trading on Tuesday down more than 6% to $53.38.
Read More Trending Articles:
- Economy on a Knife's Edge: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Tuesday 5/23/17)
- 11 Countries to Visit With Caution
- Here's Why Tesla's Elon Musk Just Called Himself an 'Idiot' on Twitter
- Toshiba Shares Leap on Report of Western Digital Bid For Flash Memory Division
- Lowe's Is Getting Absolutely Smoked by Home Depot in One of the Biggest Housing Recoveries Ever