Did you miss "Mad Money" on CNBC? If so, here are some of Jim Cramer's top takeaways.
The semiconductor sector has been on fire, Cramer told viewers, which is why he's recommended just about everything from Nvidia (NVDA) to LAM Research (LRCX) . But there is one company that Cramer's neglected to mention and it just might be the best of the bunch.
Versum Materials (VSM) is a maker of specialty chemicals and gases exclusively for the semiconductor industry and since the company was spun off from Air Products (APD) in October of last year, shares are already up 30%.
When companies break up, they unlock a lot of value, Cramer reminded viewers, and that's certainly been the case with Versum, which derives 78% of its revenues from specialty materials and gases and the other 22% from delivery and storage systems for those materials. The company has 290 U.S. patents and a robust research and development platform.
Cramer explained that chips today are designed differently, with more layers and a three-dimensional architecture that is not only more complex, it takes more chemicals and materials to make. The chip industry is also a lot less cyclical than it's been in the past now that chips are use for everything from smartphones to self-driving cars.
Cramer said shares of Versum are a steal, trading at less than 16 times earnings with 16% revenue growth and virtually no sponsorship on Wall Street.
On a recent call with his AAP investment club members, Cramer said a Trump impeachment wouldn't kill stocks. Get in on the conversation, hear his insights and get a free trial subscription to Action Alerts PLUS.
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
To read a full recap of this episode of "Mad Money," click here.
To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here.