3. -- Ford (F - Get Report) aims to cut about 10% of its global workforce amid CEO Mark Fields's drive to boost profits and the automaker's sliding stock price, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people briefed on the plan.
The job cuts could be announced this week, the Journal reported.
The job cuts largely target salaried employees. It's unclear if the plan includes cuts to the hourly workforce at Ford's U.S. factories and plants that are abroad, according to the Journal. Ford has about 200,000 employees worldwide.
Ford's board last week extended its scheduled meetings to press Fields to clarify his strategy as the company's stock price languishes and its U.S. market share recedes, sources told the Journal.
4. -- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A - Get Report) lifted its stakes in American Airlines (AAL) and Southwest Airlines (LUV - Get Report) and dumped its holdings in 21st Century Fox (FOXA) .
Berkshire Hathaway reported in a filing that it raised its stake in American by 8% and now owns 49 million shares of the airline. It boosted its stake in Southwest to 48 million shares from 43 million. It also sold 8% of its stake in Delta (DAL - Get Report) .
Berkshire Hathaway dumped its stake in Fox following claims of sexual misconduct at the network but before top host Bill O'Reilly was fired in April.
Iger didn't provide the name of the film. He said Disney was refusing to pay the hacker's ransom and was working with federal investigators. Iger said the hackers have demanded a substantial ransom be paid via Bitcoin.
Iger's comments came during a town hall meeting with ABC employees in New York, according to the report.
The hackers have threatened to release five minutes of the film the first time and then in 20-minute chunks until their financial demands are met.
Iger's comments come in the aftermath of the "WannaCry" global ransomware attack that was estimated to have affected more than 200,000 computers in 150 countries since its initial launch last Friday.
Read More Trending Articles:
- Ford Makes This Super Fancy Pickup Truck You Never Heard of Before -- Here's What It's Like
- Netflix May Be Preparing to Do Something Big That Freaks Out Its Fans, but It Is a Necessary Evil
- Morgan Stanley Is Predicting Sears Will Die Soon, Making This Rival a Huge Winner
- Outages Hit Verizon's Wireless Network