"We're excited about U.S. trade policies and ... I think we are very happy with how we are proceeding on trade," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told reporters as he arrived for a meeting of G-7 finance minsters and central bankers Friday in Bari, Italy.
3. -- Nordstrom (JWN - Get Report) shares tumbled more than 4% in after-hours trading on Thursday after the retailer said overall profit in the first quarter rose 37% but same-store sales came in below analysts' projections.
Nordstrom earned 37 cents a share in the first quarter, compared with a year-earlier 26 cents. Net sales were $3.3 billion, compared with net sales of $3.2 billion a year earlier. Comparable-store sales fell 0.8%, more than analysts' forecasts of a decline of 0.1%.
4. -- AstraZeneca (AZN - Get Report) shares traded in the U.S. jumped 4.3% in premarket trading on Friday after the drugmaker said one of its new lung cancer treatments cleared a key hurdle in clinical trials.
Delaware Chancery Judge J. Travis Laster on Thursday refused Anthem's request to extend his previous order keeping the health insurer's reluctant merger partner in their $54 billion deal for another 60 days. On Monday, Anthem asked Laster to continue a ban on Cigna leaving the deal until July 7.
- Adidas Slides After CEO Rejects Calls to Offload Reebok
- As Car Sales Slow, Investors in Automakers Should Take Longer-Term View
- 6 Hot Stock Charts WIth Unusual Volume
- AstraZeneca Shares Hit 2017 High After Phase-3 Trial Success for Lung Cancer Treatment
- Tesla Shortsellers Have Goldman Sachs on Their Side