TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) ("TransAct" or "the Company"), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will demonstrate a full suite of its innovative software technologies and printing solutions for the global gaming industry at G2E Asia 2017. The Company's display (Booth #725) at the Venetian Macao on May 16-18, 2017 will include a full lineup of its Epic® casino and gaming ticket printers, including the all-new Epic Edge, as well as the revolutionary Epicentral promotion and bonusing system, including the latest fully featured version 3.8 and the Epicentral System Edition ("Epicentral SE"). Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies, commented, "Casino operators and slot system vendors are increasingly relying on the printed coupon to drive play and grow revenue and our full lineup of industry-leading solutions on display at G2E Asia 2017 - including the all-new Epic Edge printer and Epicentral software system - are the best-in-class options to deliver valuable printed coupons directly to players at the slot machine or electronic table game of their choice. In particular, we are delighted to demonstrate the new version v3.8 of our fully-featured Epicentral system as well as our Epicentral SE version which provides customers with the means to turn the existing electronic bonuses and promotions made possible by their slot management system into customized, printed coupons while the player is at the slot machine." The next-generation Epic Edge casino and gaming ticket printer builds on the proven performance of the industry-leading Epic 950 and delivers a host of advances that extend TransAct's industry leadership. The Epic Edge is the first ticket-in/ticket out ("TITO") printer to offer 300 dpi print resolution, a 50% improvement over current printers, which allows for razor sharp barcodes that help to improve bill validator acceptance and reduce attendant calls while allowing for clearer text and more attractive coupon artwork which enhance Epicentral implementations. It also introduces an adjustable ticket bucket that will allow casino and gaming operators to use smaller tickets to save money and reduce paper usage in concert with ecologic and environmental programs being implemented by casinos. Furthermore, it is a drop-in replacement for the Epic 950, allowing casino operators to run the Epic Edge and Epic 950 side-by-side.
Other key features for the Epic Edge include:
- Single outer chassis with Serial, USB and Netplex ports to allow the printer to work with any machine type
- Hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime
- Two high-speed interfaces for firmware and graphics updates: USB and Micro SD
- Upgraded ServerPort™ connection
- Rugged metal chassis design
- Epicentral v3.8 - Epicentral v3.8 allows operators to run multiple promotions at the same time, create games within games, offer multi-user/multi-site promotions, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier and promote to different levels of uncarded players. It also features the ability to redeem, print or reprint bonuses at multiple locations, an enhanced user interface and more reporting options.
- Epicentral SE - A unique systems version of TransAct's promotion and bonusing system, Epicentral SE allows operators to use the existing bonusing capabilities found in their slot management systems to offer bonuses to players as a printed coupon by leveraging the Print Manager and Design Center modules of Epicentral. Epicentral SE also provides for an upgrade path to a full Epicentral implementation should an operator seek to expand their promotion and bonusing options beyond what their existing slot management system offers.
- Epic 950 - Installed on nearly 750,000 slot machines worldwide, the proven reliability of TransAct's award-winning Epic 950 printer has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out ("TITO") casino printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types both old and new, the Epic 950's full compatibility with Epicentral provides for the real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine. Furthermore, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
- Epic Enclosures - TransAct takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 and the advanced Epic Edge beyond the slot machine. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 or Epic Edge and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players' club desks and cash desks. The In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 or Epic Edge to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
- Epic 880 - A compact roll-fed printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 883® - A higher resolution version of the Epic 880, this compact kiosk printer delivers clear graphic and text reproduction capabilities at resolutions up to 300 dpi. The Epic 883 works in a wide variety of applications including amusement with prizes ("AWP"), skill with prizes ("SWP") and video lottery terminals ("VLT").
- Epic 430 - The easy-to-configure, modular Epic 430 roll-fed printer is ideal for gaming applications and casino operators' customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
- Epic 3000® - The Epic 3000 lottery printer builds on a track record of proven performance across hundreds of thousands of locations for more than 20 years. This thermal lottery printer delivers a number of industry-unique features, including an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the industry's only full tool steel rotary cutter, making it the fastest transaction printer for the lottery industry.
Forward-Looking StatementsCertain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; the risk that our new line of food safety and oil and gas products will not drive increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed in TransAct's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.