"In the past ten years, Smart Home technologies have evolved," said Vivek Mohan, Director of Marketing for Semtech's Wireless and Sensing Products Group. "LoRa Technology is an ideal solution for the Smart Home industry with its deep in-door penetration and low-power technology."Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN™ protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech's NEW LoRa/IoT site.
- Engage with the NEW LoRa Community
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech's e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
Contact: Ronda GrechSemtech Corporation(805) firstname.lastname@example.org