A tip of the hat to the folks at Dodge for not wanting to completely empty a muscle car fanatic's bank account.
"Obviously the price [for the Demon] will be more than a regular Hellcat, but it's gonna be well below six figures," Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) is quoted as telling Road and Track recently. A 707 horsepower Dodge Hellcat typically can be bought for $65,000.
Pricing and dealer availability for the Demon are expected to be revealed in June.
To be sure, what looks to be a sub $100,000 race car offers up some good value.
After months of high anticipation -- made so by weekly teases of the car online -- Dodge disclosed last week that the Demon has a mind-blowing 840 horsepower. It allegedly goes 0 to 60 mph in 2.3 seconds. Quarter mile time is a reported 9.65 seconds.
Overall, the Dodge Demon is insane.
Read more of TheStreet's coverage of the NY Auto Show:
- Cadillac Brings the Netflix Model To Your Driveway
- Audi Just Unveiled The Most Powerful TT Ever Built
- Why Toyota Decided to Radically Redesign Your Mom's Favorite Car, the Camry
- This Is the $45,000 Electric BMW With Recyled Seats That Targets Busy Urban Millennials
- Inside Audi's Mind Blowing R8 Sports Car With Laser Lights and a Killer Price Tag
- Here's When BMW Thinks You Will Be Able to Drive With No Hands
- Criminals Won't Be Able to Escape Ford's Mind Blowing New Hybrid Police Car