Doug Kass shares his views every day on RealMoneyPro. Click here for a real-time look at his insights and musings.
Takeaways and Observations
Originally published April 10 at 4:36 p.m. EST
"Doug Kass wrote an article today about how he fears the lack of fear in this market. I agree with Doug that lack of fear is an issue, but it goes further than that. What this market has missed for quite some time is strong emotion. There may not be much fear, but there isn't much euphoria either. I can't recall the last time market players were celebrating the action like they did at times prior to the Great Recession of 2008-09. There is no high-fiving and celebration. In fact, bulls are more likely to grumble about being underinvested and being in the wrong stocks than they are to talk about how the indices are at new highs.."
- Rev Shark, Yes, Market Lacks Fear, but There's No Emotion Either
Several columns from me on the same theme:
Position: LONG CPB large, HIG large, AGN large, SDS, SQQQ; SHORT DIS small, CAT small, AAPL small.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Originally published April 11 at 2:05 p.m. EST
* Thus far, the "flight to safety" trades worked today--bonds, bond equivalent stocks, yen/dollar, gold.
* The market brought in dip buyers--though I am not sure it will last today.
* Lumber +$10 - an outsized move.
* Thus far, though down modestly, (T)FANG remains the place to be.
* Seagate Technology (STX - Get Report) and Western Digital (WDC - Get Report) +.