Those dreaming of a soul-less, Earth-friendly electric Lamborghini could just cut out the nonsense.
It's not happening anytime soon in large part as Lamborghini's are meant to have souls.
"With a super sport car it's all about DNA, the sound is one of the fundamentals -- I think we need to wait a few years before electric car technology is suitable for super sport cars," Lamborghini Chief of R&D Maurizio Reggiane told TheStreet in an interview on Wednesday. Reggiane also said getting the right weight ratio is also a consideration when thinking about a possible electric Lamborghini.
To be sure, Lambo's latest exotic supercar isn't shy to send some bold messages while going up and down a block. The Huracan Performante is 40 kilograms lighter than a standard Huracan coupe, while also being more powerful. It churns out 640 horsepower from a 5.2 liter V10 engine, up from 610 horsepower in the standard Huracan. Top speed: 202 mph.
Read more of TheStreet's coverage of the NY Auto Show:
- Cadillac Brings the Netflix Model To Your Driveway
- Audi Just Unveiled The Most Powerful TT Ever Built
- Why Toyota Decided to Radically Redesign Your Mom's Favorite Car, the Camry
- This Is the $45,000 Electric BMW With Recyled Seats That Targets Busy Urban Millennials
- Inside Audi's Mind Blowing R8 Sports Car With Laser Lights and a Killer Price Tag
- Here's When BMW Thinks You Will Be Able to Drive With No Hands
- Criminals Won't Be Able to Escape Ford's Mind Blowing New Hybrid Police Car