Watch out Tesla (TSLA) and Elon Musk.
At the New York International Auto Show, Volvo unveiled a 400-hp plug-in electric hybrid SUV - the XC60.
"The Volvo XC60 is an important car for Volvo in the United States," said Lex Kerssemakers, Senior Vice President of the Americas; President and CEO of Volvo Car USA, "It provides a new and more athletic attitude to the design language that was first shown in the 90 series cars."
The XC60 is critical for Volvo, representing 30% of sales. Some 1 million XC60s have been sold across the globe.
In another swipe at Tesla, the XC60 has a semi-autonomous driving feature, Pilot Assist, that works at speeds up to 80 mph.
Editors' pick: Originally published April 22.
Read more of TheStreet's coverage of the NY Auto Show:
- Cadillac Brings the Netflix Model To Your Driveway
- Audi Just Unveiled The Most Powerful TT Ever Built
- Why Toyota Decided to Radically Redesign Your Mom's Favorite Car, the Camry
- This Is the $45,000 Electric BMW With Recyled Seats That Targets Busy Urban Millennials
- Inside Audi's Mind Blowing R8 Sports Car With Laser Lights and a Killer Price Tag
- Here's When BMW Thinks You Will Be Able to Drive With No Hands
- Criminals Won't Be Able to Escape Ford's Mind Blowing New Hybrid Police Car