Doug Kass shares his views every day on RealMoneyPro. Click here for a real-time look at his insights and musings.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Early Afternoon Edition)
Originally published March 23 at 3:41 p.m. ESTAs I will shortly be leaving, there will be no "Takeaways." So, moving to the abbreviated "Monarch Notes" with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Here's a quick review of the day's market action (at least before the healthcare vote was delayed):
* Off of the PVH (PVH) beat, retailers are trading better - led by Home Depot (HD) , Foot Locker (FL) and Nike (NKE) .
* Rs (The Russell) over Ss and Ns.
* Financials (especially of a Goldman-kind (GS) ) in a possible "dead cat bounce."
* Allergan (AGN) gets jiggy.
* Lumber +$4/
* Snap (SNAP) is, well, snappy.
* Campbell Soup (CPB) up a beaner on a $1.5 billion repurchase announcement.
* DuPont (DD) continues DuLovely.
* Radian (RDN) back up after some recent weakness
* Berkshire (BRK.A) near all time highs with a solid gain today.
* [iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate] (IYR) (REITs) with a solid gain.
* Homebuilders a bit higher after a strong rally over the last month.