Doug Kass shares his views every day on RealMoneyPro. Click here for a real-time look at his insights and musings.
Here's Deere's February Harvest
Originally published March 13 at 9:39 a.m. EST
Deere (DE) releases February sales:
- 2WD Tractors (< 40 PTO hp): Industry was +24%; Deere increased more than the industry
- 2WD Tractors (40 < 100 PTO hp): Industry was -1%; Deere increased single digits
- 2WD Tractors (100+ PTO hp): Industry was +13%; Deere increased more than the industry
- 4WD Tractors: Industry was -10%; Deere decreased slightly more than the industry
- Combines: Industry was +15%; Deere increased single digits
- EU 28 AG: Tractors were down low double digits, combines were up single digits
- US & Canada: Selected Turf & Utility Equipment was down low single digits, Construction & Forestry - 1) First-in-the-Dirt was up single digits, 2) Settlements were up low double digits.
Just Wishin' and Hopin' With TWTR?
Originally published March 16 at 10:15 a.m. EST
"Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
Plannin' and dreamin' each night of his charms
That won't get you into his arms..."
--Dusty Springfield, " Just Wishin' and Hopin '"
Trying to Make Heads or Tails of GLD