Tennant Solutions Tennant Company has assembled a wide range of silica dust solutions specifically engineered and manufactured to support OSHA silica dust control housekeeping requirements and help businesses work toward OSHA compliance:
- Wet Sweeping is effective in most applications. Several Tennant rider-sweepers can be used for wet sweeping. A continual water spray provides a shield of moisture on side brushes to keep the silica dust moist until it is swept up and contained within the hopper.
- Water Flooding is a very effective means of silica dust control in certain applications. All Tennant scrubbers, including walk-behind and ride-on machines, can be used for water flooding. Tennant scrubbers use water to contain and prevent silica dust from becoming airborne, then remove the wet dust from floor surfaces.
- Dry Sweeping with HEPA Filtration is an OSHA-allowable solution in applications where other methods, such as wet sweeping or HEPA vacuums, are not feasible. Several Tennant walk-behind and ride-on sweepers are available with HEPA filtration systems. These Tennant sweepers operate with a dry system that provides a filtration efficiency of 99.97% to 0.3 microns. They utilize existing multi-stage Tennant filtration systems, adding a final-stage HEPA system to collect and contain smaller particles. For additional operator protection, HEPA-pressurized cabs are available on select models.
- Construction - June 23, 2017.
- General Industry and Maritime - June 23, 2018.
- Hydraulic Fracturing (Engineering Controls) - June 23, 2021.