- Customer trading volume (1) of $253 billion in January 2017, 18% higher than December 2016 and 17% lower than January 2016.
- Average customer trading volume (1) per day of $12.0 billion in January 2017, 18% higher than December 2016 and 21% lower than January 2016.
- An average of 488,917 client trades per day in January 2017, 15% higher than December 2016 and 18% lower than January 2016.
- Retail Active accounts (2) of 132,008 as of January 31, 2017, a decrease of 448, or 0.3%, from December 31, 2016, and an increase of 1,281, or 1%, from January 31, 2016.
- Retail Tradeable accounts (3) of 106,206 as of January 31, 2017, an increase of 624, or 0.6% from December 31, 2016, and a decrease of 2,887, or 3%, from January 31, 2016.
These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this release and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.About FXCM Inc. FXCM Inc. (NASDAQ:FXCM) is a publicly traded company which owns 50.1% of FXCM Group, LLC (FXCM Group). FXCM Group is a holding company of Forex Capital Markets LLC, ( FXCM US), Forex Capital Markets Limited, inclusive of all EU branches ( FXCM UK), FXCM Australia Pty. Limited, ( FXCM AU), and all affiliates of aforementioned firms, or other firms under the FXCM group of companies [collectively "FXCM"]. FXCM Group is owned and operated by FXCM Inc. (NASDAQ:FXCM) and Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE:LUK). Leucadia National Corporation is a multi-billion dollar diversified holding company engaged through its consolidated subsidiaries in a variety of businesses. FXCM is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (FX) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. The company's mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on FX trading and provides trading tools proprietary data and premium resources. FXCM Pro provides retail brokers, small hedge funds and emerging market banks access to wholesale execution and liquidity, while providing high and medium frequency funds access to prime brokerage services via FXCM Prime. Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, which may result in losses that could exceed your deposits, therefore may not be suitable for all investors. Read full disclaimer.
Jaclyn Sales, 646-432-2463Vice-President, Corporate Communicationsjsales@fxcm.com firstname.lastname@example.org