- Gap Global: negative 3 percent, including an estimated negative impact from the Fishkill distribution center fire of approximately 4 percentage points, versus negative 4 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: positive 5 percent, including an estimated negative impact from the Fishkill distribution center fire of approximately 3 percentage points, versus negative 19 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: negative 2 percent, including an estimated negative impact from the Fishkill distribution center fire of approximately 1 percentage point, versus negative 9 percent last year
Additional insight into Gap Inc.'s sales performance is available by calling 1-800-GAP-NEWS (1-800-427-6397). International callers may call 706-902-4949. The recording will be available at approximately 1:15 p.m. Pacific Time on December 1, 2016 and available for replay until 1:15 p.m. Pacific Time on December 9, 2016.December Sales The company will report December sales at 1:15 p.m. Pacific Time on January 5, 2017. Forward-Looking Statements This press release and related sales recording contain forward-looking statements within the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Words such as "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "project," and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding:
- the impact of the fire at our Fishkill distribution center.
- the risk that if we are unable to manage our inventory effectively, our gross margins will be adversely affected; and
- the risk that comparable sales and margins will experience fluctuations.
About Gap Inc.Gap Inc. is a leading global retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix brands. Fiscal year 2015 net sales were $15.8 billion. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in more than 90 countries worldwide through about 3,300 company-operated stores, about 450 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.