"This holiday season, I'm excited to partner with eBay for Charity on their mission to help shoppers find gifts they'll feel good about giving. eBay's Giving Tuesday Charity Shop is curated with truly one-of-a-kind gifts -and, the best part is, they all support charity," said actress Rachel Bilson. "In the spirit of giving back, I'm offering a personal styling session with me in L.A for one lucky winner who buys a gift from eBay's Giving Tuesday Shop between now until December 25. I'm also proud to support one of my favorite nonprofits, Afghan Hands, which will be featured in eBay's Give at Checkout this December. On eBay, there's truly a gift for everyone on your list."Gifts That Give Back To coincide with Giving Tuesday, eBay is introducing a pilot program, Gifts That Give Back. Through partnerships with six leading charitable organizations, including the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, CARE, Habitat for Humanity and March of Dimes, shoppers can purchase symbolic gifts ranging from $25 to $100. With Gifts That Give Back, 100% of the purchase price will support the chosen charity and a digitally-delivered certificate means they make great last-minute gift options for friends and family who want to support a good cause this holiday season. Technology For Good eBay is leveraging its just launched eBay ShopBot beta - a personalized shopping assistant that uses artificial intelligence, accessible for shoppers via Facebook Messenger - to make giving even more social this holiday. For every item purchased through eBay ShopBot on Giving Tuesday, eBay will donate $5 to nonprofit Kiva (up to $50,000), which connects people through lending to alleviate poverty. Follow along on www.twitter.com/eBay using #GivingTuesday for more on finding the perfect gifts that give back this holiday season. eBay By the Numbers
- eBay, Inc. has 165 million active buyers worldwide.
- 81% of all merchandise sold on eBay is new, and our wide selection keeps growing.
- ~87% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now - no bidding necessary.
- Approximately 1 billion listings at any given time.
- 100% free shipping on all items in Daily Deals.
- To date, more than $650 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity.
- eBay buyers and sellers helped raise over $92 million globally.*
- Over 17 million charitable listings were created by eBay sellers globally.*
- On average, over 1.5 million charitable listings were available on eBay on any given day.*
- On average $176 raised every minute on eBay globally.*
1 Kelton Research and eBay Holiday USA Report 2016