- A health coach assigned to each member to help guide them through the complex health care system.
- A care team that spends as much quality, face-to-face time with members as needed to discuss all of the issues that can affect their health.
- The convenience of being able to walk in to one of these centers without a scheduled appointment and often be seen the same day.
- A waiting room designed for the comfort of patients.
- Staff familiarity with the member's Medicare Advantage insurance, which simplifies billing issues/questions.
- An activity center that is available at no cost and is open to the community. The activity center will offer seminars and other activities each week that tie directly to JSA Medical Group's focus on preventative care and improving patient's overall wellness.
"As our health care needs change, it's important for Medicare beneficiaries to find health care that can consistently meet those needs. That's why we are excited to expand the relationship with JSA Medical Group and be available to more of our Florida members in order to help them get and stay healthy," said Deb Galloway, Central Florida Medicare President for Humana. "Humana has a solid Medicare history, so we bring strong capabilities to the transformational health care relationship with JSA Medical Group. Together, we hope to make a difference for our members."In 2015, on average, Humana Medicare Advantage members served by physicians under value-based care arrangements experienced 6 percent fewer ER visits; higher screening rates, including those for colorectal cancer (+8 percent) and breast cancer (+6 percent); and healthier outcomes compared to members who were treated by physicians with standard Medicare Advantage reimbursement arrangements. As of Sept. 30, 2016, Humana has 1.8 million individual Medicare Advantage members and 200,000 commercial members who are cared for by 49,600 primary care providers, in more than 900 value-based relationships across 43 states and Puerto Rico. As of Sept. 30, 2016, approximately 63 percent of Humana individual Medicare Advantage members are in value-based payment relationships. Humana's goal is to have 75 percent of individual Medicare Advantage members in value-based payment models by the end of 2017. For more information, visit humana.com/accountable-care or humana.com/valuebasedcare. About DaVita Inc. Davita Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and HealthCare Partners. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of June 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,293 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 185,000 patients. The company also operated 127 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 HealthCare Partners provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. For more information, please visit DaVita.com/about. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company's strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information