- Availability - Cloud DVR will be available across all Roku devices to beta customers who subscribe to the single-stream service, Sling Orange, and/or the multi-stream service, Sling Blue.
- Entertainment on your time - Record movies, episodes or full series, with the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content. DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording - Users may record multiple programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access - DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV's "My TV" screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management - Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest 'watched' recording when capacity is full.
- More features to come - Sling TV will continue to evolve the cloud DVR throughout the beta time period based on customer feedback and usage behavior. DVR features planned for future development include the ability to upgrade storage space and protect recordings.
Starting today, Sling TV customers may request an invitation to participate in its cloud DVR beta program. Available first to eligible Sling TV customers using Roku™ streaming players and Roku TV™s, the cloud DVR beta program will begin in December, with support for additional devices to follow in the coming months. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161128005559/en/
Sling TV's new cloud DVR beta program will offer up to 100 hours cloud DVR storage at no charge, at launch. (Photo: Business Wire)"Unlike other OTT services, we're delivering a true cloud DVR with no 28-day restriction on your recordings, marking another win for Sling TV and our customers," said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. "Two years ago we became the first live OTT provider, and we continue to innovate and bring the best experience to our customers." Cloud DVR features