- TDC Group doubles copper broadband network speeds with addition of Vplus technology to existing VDSL2 vectoring network
- This supports TDC Groups aim to deliver the best connections to Danes, and offer new services at increased speeds to citizens and enterprises throughout Denmark
- Vplus doubles VDSL2 spectrum from 17 to 35MHz for as much as double the speed on intermediate loop lengths, making it ideal for Fiber-to-the-cabinet deployments.
- Vplus fills the gap between VDSL2 vectoring and G.fast with aggregate speeds of 200 Mbps+ up to 500 meters and 300 Mbps+ up to 250 meters.
- Nokia brought Vplus to the ITU for adoption and it is now standardized as the VDSL2 35b profile.
- Nokia was first to market Vplus products. In the meantime, we deployed 9 commercial Vplus networks and conducted another 13 Vplus trials around the world.
- According to a report from the OECD dated December 2015, Denmark has the second biggest fixed broadband penetration in the world of 42.4%, about half of which is on copper including Fiber-to-the-cabinet, and the rest divided over coax and fiber.
About NokiaNokia is a global leader in creating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com Media Enquiries:Nokia Kathleen De Smedt Nokia Fixed Networks Communications Phone: +32 3 240 45 97 Email: email@example.com CommunicationsPhone: +358 10 448 4900Email: firstname.lastname@example.org