"LoRa Technology provides Dr. Peng Group the ability to deploy a large scale network that services millions of people, integrates into existing infrastructure, and ensures interoperability between IoT applications and the network," said Mike Wong, Vice President of Marketing for Semtech's Wireless and Sensing Product Group. "This national LoRaWAN rollout will allow millions of people in China to implement IoT services into their homes and communities, and in turn, intelligently monitor resources, safety and more."Key Features of LoRa RF Technology:
- Long Range: A single LoRa base station enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Low Cost: LoRa reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: LoRaWAN ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech's LoRa/IoT site.
- View LoRa FAQs: www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/lora/LoRa-FAQs.pdf
- Engage with the LoRa Community or contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech's e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Contact: Ronda GrechSemtech Corporation(805) firstname.lastname@example.org