- Reports a net loss of $26.7 million and a loss per share of $0.25 for the third quarter of 2016, an improvement of $12.5 million compared with a net loss of $39.2 million and a loss per share of $0.37 for the second quarter of 2016.
- Took delivery of one Ultramax newbuilding, the Golden Leo, and paid a final installment of $15.7 million on delivery.
- Acquired the Golden Lyderhorn following the vessel owner's exercise of its option to sell the vessel to the Company, and subsequently sold the vessel to an unrelated third party.
- Completed a 1-for-5 reverse share split in August 2016.
- Took delivery of the Capesize newbuilding Front Mediterranean subsequent to the end of the third quarter and immediately sold and delivered the vessel to its new owner, resulting in net cash flow of $12.7 million in the fourth quarter.
HAMILTON, Bermuda, Nov. 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Golden Ocean Group Limited (NASDAQ: GOGL / OSE: GOGL) (the "Company" or "Golden Ocean"), a leading dry bulk shipping company, today announced its preliminary results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016. Highlights