YieldBoost TLRD From 4% To 15.4% Using Options

Shareholders of Tailored Brands Inc ( TLRD) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 4% annualized dividend yield can sell the May 2017 covered call at the $22.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 11.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $22.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but TLRD shares would have to climb 25.9% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 31.5% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost Calls of the S&P 500 »

In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Tailored Brands Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for TLRD below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 4% annualized dividend yield.

If you liked this article you might like

Finding Bullish and Bearish Stock Reversals

Dave & Busters and 4 Other Heavily Shorted Stocks Could Explode After They Report Earnings

Macy's Ends Tuxedo Rental Partnership With Tailored Brands

Wall Street Stuck in Place as Investors Wait for February Jobs Report