- Cigna Medical Group; Phoenix
- New West Physicians; Denver
- Northwestern Medicine Physician Partners; Chicago
- Presence Health Partners; Chicago
- Privia Medical Group; Arlington, Va.
- Texas Children's Pediatrics; Houston
- Wellmont Medical Associates; Kingsport, Tenn.
Cigna's pledge asks medical groups to:
- Encourage individual doctors within the group to care for their patients consistent with the Surgeon General's "Turn the Tide" pledge. This includes commitments to: learn alternative ways to treat pain safely and effectively; screen patients for opioid use disorder; provide or connect patients to evidence-based treatment; and talk about and treat substance use disorder as a chronic illness, not a moral failing.
- Take steps to improve the quality and coordination of care for patients being treated with opioids.
- Reduce opioid prescriptions by prescribing alternative therapies when they are available.
About CignaCigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.