- Ekati and Diavik Rough Diamond Sales:
- Third fiscal quarter diamond sales 1 were $102.7 million from the sale of 1.2 million carats (Q3 fiscal 2016 2 - $145.0 million from the sale of 0.8 million carats).
- Ekati Production (100% basis):
- During Q3 fiscal 2017, the Ekati Diamond Mine recovered 1.0 million carats from 0.4 million tonnes of ore processed (Q3 fiscal 2016 - 0.8 million carats recovered from 0.9 million tonnes processed).
- During the quarter, tonnes of ore processed were significantly reduced as a result of the fire at the Ekati process plant that occurred on June 23, 2016 and the subsequent shutdown of the process plant.
- The Ekati process plant resumed operations at full capacity on September 21, 2016 and prioritized processing of higher value ore from Misery Main open pit and Koala underground operations.
- Carat production was positively impacted during the quarter from the processing of a high proportion of high grade Misery Main ore.
|Sales Summary Sales ($ millions)||Three monthsended Oct 31,2016||Three monthsended Oct 31,2015||Nine monthsended Oct 31,2016||Nine months endedOct 31,2015|
|Ekati Rough (100% basis)||$54.8||$88.2||$243.2||$353.3|
|Diavik Rough (40% basis)||$47.9||$56.8||$197.7||$189.1|
|Total Sales (1)||$102.7||$145.0||$440.9||$542.4|
|Carats Sold (000s)|
|Ekati Rough (100% basis)||527||480||2,741||1,701|
|Diavik Rough (40% basis)||715||315||2,442||1,271|
|Total Carats Sold (1)||1,242||795||5,183||2,972|