- Reported revenue of $778 million, up 9 percent.
- Grew total QuickBooks Online subscribers 41 percent to more than 1.6 million subscribers.
- Grew QuickBooks Online subscribers outside the U.S. by 50 percent, to 323,000 subscribers, led by growth in the U.K., Australia and Canada; subscriber growth in the U.K. accelerated to 87 percent.
- Increased QuickBooks Self-Employed customers to roughly 110,000 of QuickBooks Online subscribers, up from 85,000 last quarter.
|Q1 FY 17||Q1 FY 16||Change||Q1 FY 17||Q1 FY 16||Change|
|Operating Income (Loss)||$(61)||$(29)||NM||$32||$46||(30)%|
|Earnings Per Share||$(0.12)||$(0.11)||NM||$0.06||$0.09||(33)%|
|Dollars are in millions, except earnings per share. See "About Non-GAAP Financial Measures" below for more information regarding financial measures not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).|
- Total Small Business segment revenue increased 11 percent.
- Small business online ecosystem revenue grew 26 percent, driven by online customer acquisition.
- Intuit's third annual QuickBooks Connect conference in late October reached record attendance, reinforcing the power of the ecosystem through creating indispensable connections between small business owners, accountants and developers.
- There are approximately 1,285 apps on the QuickBooks Online platform; 435 are published in the QuickBooks Apps Store.
- Intuit QuickBooks recently announced a number of new integrations with third-party partners, including Google, Apple Pay, PayPal and American Express and strategic partnerships with Bill.com and TSheets.
- Consumer Tax revenue for the first quarter totaled $60 million and ProConnect revenue was $112 million.
- Repurchased 1.8 million shares for $192 million, and $2.2 billion remains on the authorization.
- Received board approval for a $0.34 per share dividend for the second quarter of fiscal 2017, payable on Jan. 18, 2017.