- 95% of earnings are derived from the regulated utility business.
- We have ample opportunities for growth from acquisition in a highly fragmented industry.
- In 2016 we announced plans to acquire:
- Heritage Village Water Company's regulated water and wastewater systems, and
- Avon Water Company's water systems.
- With the addition of these two companies, CTWS will have grown its customer base by more than 45% since 2011 through acquisitions in Connecticut and Maine, with HVWC and AWC combined representing 8% customer growth for the company. Upon completion of the transactions, CTWS expects to serve more than 132,000 water customers, or more than 450,000 people in 80 communities across Connecticut and Maine, and more than 3,000 wastewater customers in Southbury, Connecticut.
- We benefit from a progressive regulatory environment in the states of Connecticut and Maine, which offer ROEs to investors generated from our prudent infrastructure investment and which enable us to encourage conservation using decoupling and other timely recovery tools.
- We pay quarterly cash dividends, annualized at $1.13, and have grown dividends annually for the last 47 years.
- Our shareholders have enjoyed an average annual 5-year total shareholder return of 18% as of September 30, 2016.
CLINTON, CONNECTICUT, Nov. 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Connecticut Water Service, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTWS) today announced that Eric W. Thornburg, Chairman, President and CEO, and David C. Benoit, Senior Vice President - Finance and CFO, will present live at VirtualInvestorConferences.com on December 1, 2016. DATE: Thursday, December 1, 2016TIME: 10 a.m.LINK: http://tinyurl.com/0602prepr The presentation will be a live, interactive online event where investors are invited to ask the company questions in real-time - both in the presentation hall as well as the company's "virtual trade booth." If attendees are not able to join the event live on the day of the conference, an on-demand archive will be available for viewing for a period of 90 days following the event. It is recommended that investors pre-register and run the online system check to save time and receive event updates. Learn more about the event at www.VirtualInvestorConferences.com. Recent Company Highlights