- Five sponsorship deals announced in the quarter.
- EA Sports (Global)
- Tag Heuer (Global)
- Apollo (regional to global)
- Renewal of Hong Kong Jockey Club (regional)
- Virgin Money (financial services)
- Signed four leading players in Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Paul Pogba
- Won the Community Shield under new manager Jose Mourinho
- Revenue to be £530m to £540m.
- Adjusted EBITDA to be £170m to £180m.
|Key Financials (unaudited)|
|£ million (except earnings per share)||Three months ended 30 September|
|Adjusted EBITDA 1||31.2||41.6||(25.0%)|
|Profit for the period (i.e. net income)||1.2||5.0||(76.0%)|
|Basic earnings per share||0.71||3.03||(76.6%)|
|Adjusted profit for the period (i.e. adjusted net income) 1||0.7||2.7||(74.1%)|
|Adjusted basic earnings per share (pence) 1||0.43||1.63||(73.6%)|
|Net Debt 1/2||337.7||286.2||18.0%|
- Sponsorship revenue for the quarter of £44.4 million, a decrease of £1.9 million, or 4.1%, over the prior year quarter, due to playing fewer Tour matches;
- Retail, Merchandising, Apparel & Product Licensing revenue for the quarter was £27.4 million, an increase of £5.1 million, or 22.9%, over the prior year quarter, due to the commencement of the adidas agreement and bringing in-house of several businesses, both only commencing part way through the prior year quarter (on 1 August 2015); and
- Mobile & Content revenue for the quarter was £2.5 million, compared with £2.6 million in the prior year quarter.