- Three out of four consumers acknowledge the connection between watching video on social networks and their purchasing decision-making process
- 75 percent of consumers said that social video influenced their purchasing decisions
- Nearly 50 percent of consumers responded that they have made a purchase after watching a video on social media
Publishers and Broadcasters: Increase Viewership, Promote Programming, Accelerate RevenueMedia companies have flocked to social networks in order to stay in front of their audiences and as an opportunity to increase viewership. Brightcove Social helps media organizations increase their audience engagement via social video, better understand what content resonates with their viewers and accordingly optimize their revenues. In addition to simplifying and automating the publishing of video to social channels, media organizations can use Brightcove Social to apply content rights and track viewing metrics. "On one hand, media organizations are struggling to make money. On the other, executing on cross-platform social strategy is too complicated because of the distinct workflows and best practices for each platform," Anil Jain, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Media, Brightcove said. "Brightcove Social allows media organizations to increase revenue through increased viewership and create more stickiness with their audiences regardless of where they consume content. In the past, they have not had the tools to do this effectively." Core functionality
- Publish video to native players on social channels. Leverage the advantages each platform gives to native video content by easily selecting videos and adding metadata to publish natively to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Gain deep insight through social video analytics. View and compare video analytics for Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as other web properties, to understand video performance. Capture feedback such as likes, comments, and shares to better understand viewer preferences.
- Streamline and optimize content tailored for each social network. Quickly and easily optimize content for the different needs of each social network by clipping and editing video content.
- Improve time to site by automated sync rules. Set up sync rules to automatically publish video content with designated metadata tags, streamlining time to site.
Customer Testimonials:"In a world where the content "sweet spot" is constantly shifting, and video is the new king of content, Brightcove Social helps me and my team keep our focus. By simplifying the where and when of video content, it lets me concentrate on the how and why."- Lawrence Neves, Senior Operations Manager, B&H Photo "On a given day I might be sharing videos to any one of six different social accounts. It's saved me a lot of time to manage this via Brightcove Social instead of having to upload and enter metadata individually on several different sites. We can have a unified message across multiple platforms, or customize our posts for each site. I can accomplish in a few seconds what otherwise might have taken five to ten minutes. Especially with tight news deadlines, any time we can save is a huge asset." Peter Huoppi, Director of Multimedia, The Day Publishing Co. "As a Brightcove customer, we quickly realized the tremendous value Brightcove Social would bring to our day-to-day social media operations. It's a tremendous time saver. Before Brightcove Social, we were updating to each of our social channels on an ad hoc basis. Our social team is saving a couple of hours a day by automating all of our social video through the platform." - Jessica Koplos, Director of Electronic Media, San Francisco Opera Supporting resources: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161115005416/en About BrightcoveBrightcove Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOV) is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices. The company offers a full suite of products and services that reduce the cost and complexity associated with publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing video across devices. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company's cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. To learn more, visit www.brightcove.com. This press release may include forward-looking statements regarding anticipated objectives, growth and/or expected product and service developments or enhancements. Such forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of the following words (among others): "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "plan," "should" or "anticipates," or comparable words and their negatives. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees but are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations contained in these statements. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent annual report on Form 10-K. Brightcove assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of changing circumstances or otherwise, and such statements are current only as of the date they are made.