- The BIG-IP ® iSeries ™ line of 'software-defined hardware' Application Delivery Controllers
- Partner solutions with Equinix for application delivery services in colocation environments
- Lightweight proxy and connector technologies to encourage cloud and hybrid deployments
- Application Services Proxy provides basic load balancing and application traffic visibility in a small, lightweight form factor that can quickly be deployed. This gives customers ultimate flexibility in developing, testing, and scaling applications and associated services in concert with cloud and container environments.
- Container Connector offerings enable the provisioning of services for containerized applications, and make it easy to integrate capabilities from management/orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Mesos/Marathon. For simple load balancing, Application Services Proxy can be used in highly portable environments; for more substantial application delivery services, the connector automates provisioning to a BIG-IP solution.
- Application Connector dramatically simplifies access for enterprise applications hosted in the public cloud, providing the security and availability services those applications require. To accomplish this, it delivers application services from the edge of the cloud by automatically discovering cloud-hosted instances and connecting them to the customer's data center or hosted location.
"Today's organizations are continually asking how they can provide crucial application services—such as identity federation and SSO—in both on-premises and cloud environments," said Greg Adgate, VP, Global Partnerships & Alliances, Equinix. "By offering connectivity to critical applications via the Equinix Cloud Exchange and integrating them with our Performance Hub solution, we are enabling customers to heighten productivity and enhance security to a globally distributed user base, and with lower costs."Availability BIG-IP iSeries platforms are available now. Offerings from F5 and Equinix, along with related partnership details, are available now. Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional product and service availability information pertaining to specific countries. Formal availability for F5's Application Services Proxy, Container Connector, and Application Connector technologies will be announced at a later date. Additional Resources
- Applications are Powering the Next Business Transformation - F5 Blog Post
- The Innovation Bus: IT in the Driver's Seat - F5 & Industry Panel Discussion
- F5 BIG-IP Platform - Product Information
This press release may contain forward-looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.