- Digital Molding, powered by the company's Figure 4 technology, delivers rapid, tool-free, continuous production of plastic parts
- New materials drive digital casting and other advanced applications
- 3DXpert and 3D Sprint platforms streamline and simplify the design to manufacturing workflow for metal and plastic 3D printers
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f50cd5dd-40f0-4c11-9b7e-13cdf3f494caNew to the company's MJP materials lineup is VisiJet ® M3 CAST for the ProJet MJP 3600W and 3600W Max. VisiJet M3 CAST is a durable, next generation 100% wax material for the high throughput production of consistent, superior quality patterns for metal casting excellence and efficiency. Ideal for end-use metal part manufacturing, VisiJet M3 CAST joins QuickCast™, 3D Systems' SLA solution for precision metal casting, as part of the company's digital casting materials portfolio. Digital casting offers advantages over traditional casting in design complexity as well as the cost and time savings that can be realized from bypassing tooling. New materials in Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) include:
- DuraForm ® ProX GF Plastic, a glass-filled composite Nylon material for the ProX ® SLS 500. DuraForm ProX GF offers best-in-class rigidity and stiffness with amazing tensile, flexural and impact strength and advanced thermal resistance.
- DuraForm ProX HST Composite, a proprietary mineral-filled composite material for the ProX SLS 500. With the highest available temperature resistance among 3D Systems' SLS materials and a high strength to weight ratio, DuraForm ProX HST is excellent for applications requiring lightweight, rigid, load bearing parts.
- DuraForm TPU Elastomer, an abrasion and tear-resistant material for the sPro™ 60 HD-HS. With an excellent recovery memory to maintain original shape, DuraForm TPU enables functional prototypes for wear-and-tear testing and is well suited for applications ranging from footwear and sports equipment to gaskets, weather sealing, and flexible hosing and conduits.
"As 3D printing continues to evolve from prototyping to production, our end-to-end solutions are transforming the way our customers design and manufacture," said Herbert Koeck, SVP & General Manager, EMEA, 3D Systems. "With innovations such as Digital Molding and advanced new materials, we are helping to make 3D production real."3D Systems will feature demonstrations of its end-to-end products and services at formnext 2016 in Frankfurt, Germany, November 15-18, in Hall 3.1, Stand G10 of Messe Frankfurt. About 3D Systems 3D Systems provides comprehensive 3D products and services, including 3D printers, print materials, on-demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its ecosystem supports advanced applications from the product design shop to the factory floor to the operating room. 3D Systems' precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning, and printing of medical and dental devices as well as patient-specific surgical instruments. As the originator of 3D printing and a shaper of future 3D solutions, 3D Systems has spent its 30 year history enabling professionals and companies to optimize their designs, transform their workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models. More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com
Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMedia Contact: Timothy MillerEmail: email@example.com