- Entered into a collaboration with U.S. Oncology Research for their participation in Mateon's Phase 2/3 FOCUS Study evaluating CA4P in combination with bevacizumab (Avastin®) and chemotherapy for the treatment of patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Continued to expand the number of U.S. investigator sites participating in the FOCUS Study.
- Expanded the FOCUS Study into Europe, with sites in Belgium now actively recruiting patients.
- Completed enrollment in the second cohort and initiated the third cohort of OX1222, an open-label dose-ranging study of OXi4503 in combination with cytarabine, in patients with relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- Received an issued patent for pre-clinical cathepsin-inhibiting compounds from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Expanded Board of Directors with appointment of two experienced biopharmaceutical executives.
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Nov. 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mateon Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:MATN), a biopharmaceutical company developing vascular disrupting agents (VDAs) for the treatment of orphan oncology indications, today provided a corporate update and reported financial results for the third quarter of 2016. Recent Corporate Highlights