- The complete first season of Bedtime Stories for Cynics , presented by Nick Offerman, featuring inappropriate children's stories for adults
- Hold On with Eugene Mirman , in which the host pauses funny live stories and gets his special comedian guests, including "Weird Al" Yankovic, Jim Gaffigan and Lisa Lampanelli, to divulge new details
- Hot Mic with Dan Savage , a collection of awkward, poignant and hilarious stories about lust, longing, and lewd behavior hosted by the sex advice columnist
- The complete first season of Sounds like America , hosted by a rotating cast of seasoned comics including Rob Delaney and Roy Wood Jr.; each episode covers a different American pastime, region, characteristic, event, or zeitgeist
- Limelight , hot and fresh stand-up from comedy clubs across America, with a new theme and a new host - from T.J. Miller to George Lopez - each episode
- Audible Comedy Specials , featuring highlights from the funniest festivals, early access to album releases, and exclusive live recordings including episodes with Jen Kirkman, Brian Posehn, and other notable comedians
- McSweeney's Internet Tendency , dramatic performances of the very best pieces from McSweeney's literary humor site
Today marks the release of the premiere episode of The Comedy Show Show with Will Arnett. Other comedy series available to enjoy in Channels are either seasons in full or include over a dozen episodes and will be added to Channels on a weekly basis. New original series and shows will also be announced regularly."Creating a dedicated platform for comedy shows within Audible Channels allows our listeners to discover a quality and quantity of content they won't be able to find anywhere else," said Audible Chief Content Officer Andy Gaies. "Audible's access to comedy shows throughout the country and deep roots in the comedy world allow us to surface the best talent coming out of clubs nationwide. The sheer volume of comedic voices that contribute to these shows set them apart in the audio space, and we are proud to offer these rich listening experiences within Channels." Introduced earlier this year, Audible Channels features a consistently refreshed, thoughtfully organized selection of original programs, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Foreign Affair, Charlie Rose, The Onion, and other leading periodicals. Audible Channels also showcases 20 hand-selected Audible Playlists, from essential stories of the day, meditation and commute-sized comedy to compilations on science, history, technology, and more. Audible Channels is free with an Audible membership and to Amazon Prime members, and also available to purchase as a standalone offering for $4.95 a month. For more information about Audible Channels and the wide array of comedy shows found therein, visit audible.com/Comedy. Audible invented and commercialized the first digital audio player in 1997, and has since been at the forefront of the explosively growing audiobook download segment. Audible members downloaded an average of more than 17 books over the course of the year. More than half of new Audible members are first-time audiobook buyers.
ABOUT AUDIBLE, INC.Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the habituating power and utility of verbal expression. Audible content includes more than 325,000 audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple's iTunes Store.