Pfizer Humanitarian Assistance ProgramsRecognizing the critical need in settings requiring relief and emergency humanitarian assistance, Pfizer has a three-part approach which includes product donations, cash grants and other access solutions.
- Pfizer donations are focused on specific diseases and designed to address the needs of people in a coordinated manner. The Company works with a range of local and global partners, including governments, health care experts, and CSOs to address the most pressing unmet medical needs and determine the most effective way for a donation to meet the needs of affected communities.
- Pfizer supports a number of organizations working on providing relief and emergency humanitarian assistance to address refugee crises. The Pfizer Foundation provides cash grants to organizations working around the world to provide health care and other critical support to vulnerable populations.
- Pfizer works closely with governments and CSOs to help provide access to its vaccines and regularly engages in discussions with partners on potential new access approaches to reach as many people as possible in emergency humanitarian situations.
- Prevnar 13 ® should not be given to anyone with a history of severe allergic reaction to any component of Prevnar 13 ® or any diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems (eg, HIV infection, leukemia) may have a reduced immune response
- A temporary pause of breathing following vaccination has been observed in some infants born prematurely
- The most commonly reported serious adverse events in infants and toddlers were bronchiolitis (an infection of the lungs) (0.9%), gastroenteritis (inflammation of the stomach and small intestine) (0.9%), and pneumonia (0.9%)
- In children 6 weeks through 17 years, the most common side effects were tenderness, redness, or swelling at the injection site, irritability, decreased appetite, decreased or increased sleep, and fever
- Only a healthcare provider can decide if Prevnar 13 ® is right for you or your child