PowerPathway has received praise from Vice President Joe Biden. The program held its first cohort specifically for active duty service members earlier this year in Washington state. And last year, PowerPathway graduated its first active military member.PG&E has also been recognized by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense office, for its sustained employer support of National Guard and Reserve service. Among the honors the ESGR has bestowed upon PG&E include:
- Patriot Award (2015): Given to Earley for his support of employee reservists through benefits such as flexible scheduling and granting leaves of absence;
- Seven Seals Award (2015): Given to Earley for individual and organizational achievements which back the ESGR mission;
- Statement of Support (2014): Given to PG&E for its support of employees in the Guard and Reserve;
- Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award (2003): The highest recognition given by the U.S. Government to employers for their backing of employees who serve;
- Pro Patria Award (2002): The highest award from a state ESGR committee given to companies who've provided the greatest encouragement to Guard and Reserve employees through their leadership and practices.