Program UpdatesConatus is developing its lead compound, emricasan, for the treatment of patients with chronic liver disease. The company recently initiated:
- ENCORE-PH: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2b clinical trial initiated in November 2016 evaluating the effect of emricasan in reducing hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) in patients with compensated or early decompensated liver cirrhosis caused by nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), and severe portal hypertension confirmed by HVPG of =12 mmHg at baseline. Results after 24 weeks of twice-daily treatment with emricasan or placebo are expected in 2018.
- POLT-HCV-SVR: A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2b clinical trial initiated in May 2014 evaluating potential improvements in Ishak Fibrosis Score in post-orthotopic liver transplant (POLT) recipients with liver fibrosis or cirrhosis post-transplant as a result of recurrent hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection who have successfully achieved a sustained viral response (SVR) following HCV antiviral therapy. Results after two years of twice-daily treatment with emricasan or placebo are expected in the first half of 2018.
- ENCORE-NF: A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2b clinical trial initiated in January 2016 evaluating potential improvements in fibrosis and steatohepatitis in patients with fibrosis caused by NASH. Results after 18 months of twice-daily treatment with emricasan or placebo are expected in 2018.
- ENCORE-LF: A planned randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, expected to begin in the first half of 2017, to evaluate the effect of emricasan on liver function and to collect chronic administration safety information in NASH cirrhosis patients.
- ENCORE-XT: Planned extensions to continue treatment for a total of at least two years in patients completing the ENCORE-PH and ENCORE-LF trials, with continued monitoring for efficacy, safety, clinical outcomes and health-related quality of life.
- "Emricasan (IDN-6556) Orally for 6 Months in Patients with Cirrhosis and Elevated MELD Score Improves Liver Function," (poster #2095), to be presented by Catherine Frenette, M.D., Medical Director of Liver Transplantation at Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA, and a principal investigator in the company's multicenter Phase 2 Liver Cirrhosis clinical trial of emricasan;
- "Emricasan (IDN-6556) Orally for 6 Months in Patients with Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Cirrhosis Decreases the Progression of MELD score and Improves Liver Function," (poster #2099), also to be presented by Dr. Frenette;
- "The pan caspase inhibitor Emricasan improves the hepatic microcirculatory dysfunction of CCl 4-cirrhotic rats leading to portal hypertension amelioration and cirrhosis regression," (poster #2097) to be presented by Jordi Gracia-Sancho, Ph.D., Ramón y Cajal Researcher in Biomedicine at Barcelona Hepatic Hemodynamic Lab, IDIBAPS Biomedical Research Institute & CIBEREHD, Barcelona, Spain; and
- "Circulating microparticles carry apoptosis markers CK-18 and caspase-3/7 which are reduced by treatment with Emricasan in subjects with chronic liver diseases," (poster #2098), to be presented by Akiko Eguchi, Ph.D., Project Scientist in the Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA.
|Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc.|
|Selected Condensed Financial Information|
|Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|Statements of Operations||September 30,||September 30,|
|Research and development||$||4,825,421||$||4,103,257||$||13,770,371||$||12,056,997|
|General and administrative||2,069,447||1,958,078||6,883,708||6,033,739|
|Total operating expenses||6,894,868||6,061,335||20,654,079||18,090,736|
|Other income (expense):|
|Other income (expense)||11,818||(8,391||)||1,645||(10,304||)|
|Total other income (expense)||27,958||(6,211||)||44,140||(13,728||)|
|Net loss per share, basic and diluted||$||(0.31||)||$||(0.31||)||$||(0.96||)||$||(0.99||)|
|Weighted average shares outstanding used in computing net loss per share, basic and diluted||22,410,702||19,668,287||21,527,993||18,209,871|
|September 30,||December 31,|
|Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities||$||31,063,622||$||36,508,109|
|Prepaid and other current assets||1,137,384||1,982,031|
|Total current assets||32,201,006||38,490,140|
|Property and equipment, net||285,023||344,734|
|Liabilities and stockholders' equity|
|Total liabilities and stockholders' equity||$||33,362,159||$||39,727,268|
MEDIA: David SchullRusso Partners, LLC(858) 717-2310David.Schull@RussoPartnersLLC.comINVESTORS: Alan EngbringConatus Pharmaceuticals Inc.(858) email@example.com