- MICHIGAN : Detroit Free Press
- OHIO: Cincinnati Enquirer
- FLORIDA: Fort Myers News-Press, Tallahassee Democrat and Naples Daily News
- IOWA: The Des Moines Register
- WISCONSIN: The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The TV station owner and newspaper publisher, formerly combined under the Gannett name, seem to be adopting opposing strategies after their separation.
Donald Trump continues to berate 'the media,' further fueling a rebound in newspaper stocks.
The New York Times and Donald Trump traded barbs recently amid debate over campaign coverage while shares of the publisher continue to enjoy a post-election bounce.