- In May 2016, we enrolled the first subject in our NSI-189 Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD).
- In June 2016, we announced new NSI-189 preclinical data showing enhancement of mouse long term potentiation (LTP), an in vitro biomarker of memory by NSI-189 in a concentration-dependent and time-dependent manner. We believe that this study not only suggests the cognition enhancing potential of NSI-189, but also contributes toward the understanding of its mechanism of action.
- In September 2016, we entered into a definitive agreement with Tianjin Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. for a private placement of common stock and convertible preferred stock for gross proceeds of $20 million. This agreement is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016.
- In September 2016, we achieved 50% enrollment in our Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating NSI-189 for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD).
- In September 2016, we presented preclinical data which showed that NSI-189 was effective in the prevention and reversal of diabetic neuropathies in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic mouse models.
- In October 2016, we presented preclinical data which showed NSI-189's ability to ameliorate radiation-induced cognitive impairment and to protect hippocampal neurogenesis in a mouse model of brain injury due to radiation therapy of brain cancers.
GERMANTOWN, Md., Nov. 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Neuralstem, Inc. (Nasdaq:CUR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of central nervous system therapies based on its neural stem cell technology, reported its financial results and provided business and clinical updates for the three and nine month periods ended September 30, 2016. "This is an exciting time for Neuralstem, as we successfully continue to execute the new operational and clinical development strategy that was implemented in the beginning of the year," commented Rich Daly, Chief Executive Officer. "The recent announcement of the $20 million strategic investment from Tianjin Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd. provides credibility for our technology and a healthy financial runway through 2017. Furthermore, we reached 50% enrollment for our NSI-189 Phase 2 study in major depressive disorder ahead of schedule, maintaining expected data results in the second half of 2017." Recent Business and Clinical Highlights