First Data Corporation (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology and solutions, today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016. Consolidated revenue for the third quarter was $2.9 billion, up 1% versus the prior year period, or up 2% excluding currency impacts. Total segment revenue was $1.8 billion for the quarter, up 1% versus the prior year period, or up 3% excluding currency impacts. For the third quarter 2016, net income attributable to First Data was $132 million (or $0.14 per diluted share), which compares to a net loss of $126 million in the prior year period. Adjusted net income, which modifies net income for items such as debt extinguishment charges, stock-based compensation, amortization of acquisition intangibles, restructuring costs and other items, was $312 million (or $0.34 per diluted share), up $141 million versus the prior year period, driven by improved operating results and lower interest expense. Total segment earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (total segment EBITDA) in the third quarter 2016 was $739 million, up 5% versus the prior year period, or up 8% excluding currency impacts, driven by revenue growth and expense management. Total segment EBITDA margin improved 150 basis points to 40.6% in the quarter. "We are pleased to report another quarter of solid cash generation and debt reduction, healthy margin expansion and good earnings growth," said First Data Chairman and CEO Frank Bisignano. "During the quarter we saw tangible improvements in our North America merchant business, continued success with enterprise clients and strong growth in non-U.S. revenue," Bisignano added. Segment ResultsGlobal Business Solutions(GBS) Third quarter 2016 GBS segment revenue was $1.0 billion, up 1% versus the prior year period, or 3% on a constant currency basis. Within geographic regions, North America revenue of $819 million was up 1% versus the prior year period as 7% transaction growth was offset by a decline in blended yield. EMEA revenue was $137 million, up 2%, or up 8% on a constant currency basis, primarily driven by transaction growth, partly offset by lower blended yield. Latin America revenue was up 12%, or up 45% on a constant currency basis, driven by strong results in Brazil and Argentina. APAC revenue was down 2%, or down 6% on a constant currency basis, the decline attributable to the performance of the Australian ATM business.