Doug Kass fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- How Friday had some possible positives.
- How Amazon is inducing retail woes.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Doug Kass'--and reader comments--in real time.
- Strength in the Russell Index.
- Improving breadth.
- Improving Clinton odds by "538" and the London betting parlors.
- A great deal of pushback to my idea of a trading rally.
- Turnaround in large-cap biotech (Allergan (AGN) , Celgene (CELG) , Gilead Sciences (GILD) ) and speculative biotech (Intrexon (XON) , Sage Therapeutics (SAGE) )--which had appeared to have been breaking down this week.
- Lack of enthusiasm and general skepticism regarding the ability of today's rally to extend into next week.
- Continued stabilization in the junk bond market.
On Wednesday, Costco (COST) released its monthly sales, up 2%. While there are attempts to dress up a pig, the numbers were not good even though they were better than September.