The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) received seven prestigious R&D 100 Awards from R&D Magazine for revolutionary technologies recently introduced to the market. The awards, often referred to as the "Oscars of Invention," were revealed at the 54 th Annual R&D 100 Awards and Technology Conference on November 3 in Washington, D.C. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161104006031/en/ "We have a long history of delivering products that solve the world's toughest challenges and for having those products recognized by the R&D 100 Awards, with 20 of these awards in the past three years," said A.N. Sreeram, senior R&D vice president and chief technology officer. "We continue to push technology to the next level, providing market-driven, sustainable solutions that address the world's needs in energy, food, water, transportation, infrastructure, and more. The R&D 100 Awards allow us to pause from our hard work to receive a moment of praise from experts in innovation for the products we bring to market each year." The 2016 R&D 100 award-winning Dow technologies are:
- BETAFORCE™ 2817 Structural Adhesive joins composites and other dissimilar materials enabling innovative lightweight vehicle designs.
- CANVERA™ Polyolefin Dispersions provides progressive food and beverage brand owners with the next long-term can coating alternative that eliminates materials traditionally found in epoxy or alternative coating systems which are of concern for many consumers.
- Dow Corning® TC-3040 Thermal Gel delivers a silicone-based thermal management solution for advanced semiconductor devices. It improves heat dissipation capability in high performance computing applications using a new proprietary filler technology.
- Flexible Acrylic Resin (FAR) is a blendable polymer for injection molding, extrusion, calendering or film-blowing in applications requiring low stress whitening, flexibility, UV resistance, and excellent ink and paint adhesion.
- Paradigm™ WG Herbicide with Arylex™ Active is a novel herbicide with a broadened spectrum of hard-to-control weeds in cereal crops such as wheat and barley. It combines several chemistries with Dow AgroSciences' GoDri™ formulation that disperses rapidly and completely when diluted to enable faster, easier applications.
- CANVERA™ Polyolefin Dispersions also won a special recognition award for market disruptor products.
- Dow AGILITY™ Performance LDPE also won in the special recognition - market disruptor category. It is designed for high speed low gauge processing. With enhanced and globally available process technology, AGILITY™ addresses the most stringent industry requirements, offering a suitable substitute to extrusion coating materials.