- On August 19, 2016, CIFC entered into a definitive Agreement and Plan of Merger (the "Merger Agreement") with F.A.B. Holdings I LP, a limited partnership organized and existing under the laws of Delaware ("Parent") and CIFC Acquisition, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and a direct wholly owned subsidiary of Parent ("Merger Sub") (referred to as the "Strategic Transaction"). If the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement are completed, CIFC shareholders will be entitled to receive $11.36 in cash, without interest and subject to any withholding of taxes required by applicable law, for each common share, par value $0.001 (unless the shareholder has properly exercised their appraisal rights with respect to such shares). Under the Merger Agreement, Merger Sub will merge with and into CIFC with CIFC surviving as a direct wholly owned subsidiary of Parent.
- GAAP net income (loss) for the nine months was $39.8 million as compared to $8.0 million for the same period in the prior year. GAAP net income (loss) for the quarter was $17.7 million as compared to $1.5 million for the same period in the prior year.
- Economic Net Income "ENI," a non-GAAP measure, for the nine months was $47.5 million as compared to $27.1 million for the same period in the prior year. ENI for the quarter was $19.8 million as compared to $4.5 million for the same period in the prior year.
- Fee Earning Assets Under Management ("AUM") was $13.2 billion as of September 30, 2016, as compared to $14.1 billion as of December 31, 2015.
- On August 19, 2016, CIFC's board of directors declared a cash distribution of $0.10 per share which was paid on September 12, 2016 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 31, 2016.
NEW YORK, Nov. 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CIFC LLC (NASDAQ:CIFC) ("CIFC" or the "Company") today announced its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016. Highlights