- Total revenue increased 7.8% to $95.8 million compared to $88.9 million.
- System-wide comparable restaurant sales grew 1.6%, including a 1.4% increase for company-operated restaurants, and a 1.8% increase for franchised restaurants.
- Net income increased to $5.2 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to $4.7 million, or $0.12 per diluted share in the prior year. Third quarter 2016 results included a $2.4 million pre-tax expense related to the impairment of the assets of two restaurants.
- Pro forma net income (1) was $6.9 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to $7.2 million, or $0.18 per diluted share.
- Adjusted EBITDA (1) was $17.3 million compared to $16.6 million in the prior year.
COSTA MESA, Calif., Nov. 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOCO) today announced financial results for the 13-week period ended September 28, 2016. Highlights for the third quarter ended September 28, 2016, compared to the third quarter ended September 30, 2015 were as follows: