- Total revenue increased 4.6% to $122.7 million from $117.3 million.
- Net loss was $9.8 million in each of the third quarters of 2016 and 2015, or $0.35 loss per diluted share. During the third quarter of 2016, the Company recorded $7.2 million of pre-tax charges related to a litigation settlement, severance costs, and expenses related to a reduction in new unit development. During the third quarter of 2015, the Company recorded a $16.2 million pre-tax impairment charge related to 25 restaurants.
- Adjusted net loss (1) was $1.1 million, or $0.04 loss per diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $0.1 million, or $0.00 per diluted share.
- Adjusted EBITDA (1) decreased to $6.2 million from $8.7 million.
- Comparable restaurant sales decreased 0.7% system-wide, decreased 0.9% for company-owned restaurants, and increased 0.6% for franchise restaurants.
- Fourteen new restaurants opened system-wide in the third quarter, including twelve company-owned restaurants and two franchise restaurants.
BROOMFIELD, Colo., Nov. 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Noodles & Company (NASDAQ:NDLS) today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 27, 2016. Key highlights for the third quarter of 2016 versus the same quarter a year ago include: