- Clean air vents around the house.
- Install storm windows and doors.
- Check weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors.
- Install seals behind electrical outlets and switches along exterior walls.
PECO customers are also reminded to visit peco.com/alerts before winter weather grips the region. Customers can receive updates on their energy usage and information regarding power outages via text, email or phone, including when power is out, when service is expected to be restored, or when power is restored. In addition, customers can text "ADDOUTAGE" to MYPECO (697326), to enroll in our two-way texting program to report outages and check the status of their outage.For customers not currently using natural gas, new programs and incentives are available to help make choosing natural gas more affordable. And, customers continue to save money due to lower natural gas prices. PECO customers are currently paying the lowest price for natural gas in 15 years. PECO provides a variety of rebates for customers switching to natural gas or installing energy efficient natural gas heating equipment:
- PECO Smart Natural Gas Conversion offers rebates up to $200 for residential and up to $1,000 for commercial customers that switch to natural gas heat from another fuel source.
- PECO Smart Gas Efficiency Upgrade provides up to $300 in rebates for customers installing ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas furnaces or boilers and $100 for a high efficiency furnace fan motor, which comes standard on ENERGY STAR qualified natural gas furnaces.
- PECO Smart Home Rebates offers customers up to $1,000 for switching from an electric furnace or electric baseboard heat to an ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace or boiler, and $400 for switching from an electric hot water heater to an ENERGY STAR natural gas storage tank water heater.