- Positions that require strong leadership, managerial and operational skills were the most frequently filled. Some of those include food and beverage (1,053 hires), and guest services and operations (818 hires).
- Approximately 1,000 are military and veteran spouses and caretakers who excel in positions that offer the flexibility to work remotely, determine their own hours and accommodate changing deployments.
- Roles are diverse across the company, including security, loss prevention, engineering, culinary, corporate, sales, marketing, spa and recreation.
- The top three states for hires were Florida, Texas and California, respectively, correlating closely with the states where the most veterans live 3. Nevada, South Carolina and Hawaii followed.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Grand Vacations and Hilton Reservations and Customer Care were the departments with the largest number of new Team Members.
Please visit Chris Nassetta's Facebook page for additional commentary from him on the 10,000 hires, Hilton's Facebook page for profiles of veterans and spouses hired through the program and Chris Nassetta's LinkedIn page for more information on Hilton's key learnings from the program.For more information on Hilton's commitment to veterans, please visit www.hiltonworldwide.com/militarycareers. About Hilton Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, comprising more than 4,800 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties with nearly 789,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. For 97 years, Hilton has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of 13 world-class global brands includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn and Instagram. 1 Source: The Washington Post 2 Data is only for hires at corporate offices and owned and managed properties. 3 Source: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (Fiscal Year 2015).