- Recent study data from Rhopressa TM (netarsudil ophthalmic solution) 0.02% and Roclatan TM (netarsudil/latanoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.02%/0.005% provide confirmatory insights into how these novel product candidates, if approved, can benefit patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- In addition to the positive Mercury 1 and Rocket 4 clinical trial results, the results of a recently completed week long 12-patient pilot study demonstrated consistent lowering of intraocular pressure (IOP) for Rhopressa TM over a 24-hour period. The study suggests Rhopressa TM has the unique potential to provide meaningfully better nocturnal IOP-lowering than currently marketed products.
- The Company expects to resubmit Rhopressa TM New Drug Application (NDA) in January of 2017 upon notification from finished product contract manufacturer of their readiness for pre-approval inspection by the FDA.
- Strategic plans for Rhopressa TM and Roclatan TM in Europe and Japan continue to advance, and preclinical studies of AR-13154 for wet AMD, and delivery technology for front and back of the eye are progressing.
- As of September 30, 2016, Aerie had $255.6 million in cash, cash equivalents, and investments on the balance sheet, and 33.4 million shares outstanding. For the nine months ended September 30, 2016, cash burn totaled $62.4 million, on track with current full-year guidance of $85 million.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AERI), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of first-in-class therapies for the treatment of patients with glaucoma and other diseases of the eye, today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016, along with a general business update. Aerie Highlights